Register early and save! Sign up for $70 until 1/10/16!
Great local bands will rock the route and twice as many real stages than ever seen on the roads will line the ten mile course! This is a people’s race and everyone’s invited to join the party and have some serious fun. This is also a certified athletic competition and there are requirements and guidelines to follow. Course information will be updated and posted on this page.
How to Register
If you want to race, you have to register. You can sign up online or mail in a printable application. Printable applications must be post marked by 3/18/16. You will receive a registration confirmation email upon receipt and updates as race day nears. Periodic newsletters will be posted on this website and final information emails will be sent out 3 weeks before the event. Race packets with your bib number, corral assignment, race technical t-shirt and final instructions are required to be picked up prior to the race.
Legacy Runners who have participated in our race every year since the beginning will be receiving a gift of appreciation and their name in the race program to celebrate the 5th Annual Austin 10/20! Please confirm your legacy status by sending an email to info@Austin1020.com after you’ve registered for the 2016 Austin 10/20.
2016 Race Details
Date – Sunday, April 3, 2016
Start Time – 8:00 AM
Start/Finish Location – Domain Central Park, 11100 Alterra Pkwy, Austin, TX 78758
Average April high temperature – 72, Average low – 51, Average rainfall (month) – 2.5 inches
Race Weekend Expo
The Austin 10/20 will have a two day expo on Friday, April 1 and Saturday, April 2. All participants are required to attend to pick up their race packet. The Expo will take place at The Quarries Recreation Center (11400 N. MoPac Expy. Austin, TX 78759) from Noon to 6 PM on 4/1/16 and 9 AM – 5 PM on 4/2/16.
Interested vendors should email info@Austin1020.com for more information.
An exclusive VIP package is available with online registration for $65. Participants that choose this “add on” will receive:
* Invitation to Saturday night VIP party with chance to meet the Headliner band, elite athletes and sponsors.
* VIP badge with access to Start line VIP tent where free food, drinks and exclusive port-o-lets are available.
* VIP badge with access to Finish line VIP tent – unlimited beer, catered food from Corner Bakery Cafe, and premium viewing of the Headliner concert. A limited number of VIP packages are available. VIP packages are non-refundable.
Our ten mile course is flat and fast – yes, really! The big Austin hills that some people have trouble with are not in our part of town. Wide and fully closed roads will prevail on the USATF certified course. No running in tight packs right next to traffic at the Austin 10/20! Stages every half mile, five well stocked water stations with gatorade, and premium medical support will be on course. Mile markers and 5K signs will be posted too. Porta-potties will be plentiful and visible and excellent SAG support will be provided. Overall event operations will be professional and precise. Links to the 2015 Course Map and Diagrams can be found below. 2016 course information will be coming soon.
The Start/Finish “village” will be located at Domain Central Park just south of Alterra Pkwy and Esperanza at The Domain Shopping Center in North Austin. The expansive and open space here will accommodate the big crowds at the Start and at the post race party and concert.
The Austin 10/20 offers free runner tracking for all participants. A link to sign up for runner tracking will be posted three weeks prior to the race.
The Start will be organized and tight, the finish line will be a party! After the elite athletes blaze to the finish tape and the rest follow up, our headliner act will hit the main stage. Runners and spectators will be rocking out to the headliner concert at approximately 10:30 AM.
The finish area will feature a spacious group reunion area and a huge beer garden – Texas style! All participants are welcome here and spectators can partake too. With perfect views of the main stage and great refreshments to boot, it’s just the way to wrap up the Austin 10/20 day.
* You must be able to complete the ten mile distance in 3 hours.
* You must be at least twelve years old to participate.
* Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
* Race numbers are required to participate.
* You must show photo ID to pick up your race packet and bib number.
* You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of the ten mile distance.
* Traffic and safety regulations prohibit early starts. Early starters will be eliminated from the Official Results.
* No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
* iPods or other in-your-ear musical devices are strongly discouraged – you definitely won’t need them!
* Spectator safety is important to the Austin 10/20 and some areas of the course are not suitable for race viewing. Please check our final race information for best and safest viewing areas.
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Sorry, no exceptions. If you are registered and unable to participate, we will gladly mail your race technical shirt to you. Inform us of your cancellation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Shirt requests must be made prior to the event.