Great local bands will rock the route and twice as many real stages than ever seen on the roads will line the ten mile course! This is a people’s race and everyone’s invited to join the party and have some serious fun. This is also a certified athletic competition and there are requirements and guidelines to follow. Course information will be updated and posted on this page.
How to Register
If you want to race, you have to register. To register online click here or mail in a copy of our printable registration form . Registration fee is $75 until 1/14/14, $80 from 1/15/14 – 2/27/14, $85 from 2/28/14 – 4/10/14, $95 at the race weekend expo.
You will receive a registration confirmation email upon receipt and updates as race day nears. Periodic newsletters will be posted on this website and final information emails will be sent out approximately three weeks before the event. Race packets with your bib number, corral assignment, race technical t-shirt and final instructions are required to be picked up prior to the race.
To verify registration click here.
2014 Race Details
Date – Sunday, April 13, 2014
Start Time – 8:00 AM
Start/Finish Location – The Domain, Alterra Pkwy/Esperanza, North Austin, TX
Average April high temperature – 78, Average low – 57, Average rainfall (month) – 2.5 inches
Race Weekend Expo
There will be a race weekend expo for the 2014 Austin 10/20 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. All participants are required to attend to pick up their race packet. Interested vendors please contact info@Austin1020.com
Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel
Address: 6121 North I-35, Austin TX 78752
Dates and Times: Friday April 11, 2014 (11 AM – 7 PM) and Saturday April 12, 2014 (9 AM – 5PM)
New! VIP Package
An exclusive VIP package is available with online registration. Participants that choose this “add on” will receive:
* Invitation to Saturday night VIP party with chance to meet the Headliner band, elite athletes and sponsors.
* VIP badge with access to Start line VIP tent where free food, drinks and exclusive port-o-lets are available.
* VIP badge with access to Finish line VIP tent – unlimited beer, catered food, free massages and premium viewing of the Headliner concert.
A limited number of VIP packages are available. VIP packages are non-refundable.
Our ten mile course is flat and fast – yes, really! The big Austin hills that some people have trouble with are not in our part of town. Wide and fully closed roads will prevail on the USATF certified course. No running in tight packs right next to traffic at the Austin 10/20! Stages every half mile, seven well stocked water stations (five will offer lemon-lime All Sport), 10 cheerleader teams and premium medical support will be on course. Mile markers and time clocks at every mile with 5K signs too. Porta-potties will be plentiful and visible and excellent SAG support will be provided. Overall event operations will be professional and precise. Click on the links below to see and print the 2013 course map, street closure form and elevation chart. The 2014 course, start and finish areas are anticipated to be the same.
The Start and Finish lines are located in two separate “village” areas on Alterra Pkwy near Esperanza at The Domain in North Austin. The expansive and open spaces here will accommodate the big crowds at the Start and at the post race party and concert. The Start and Finish lines are about 1/4 mile apart.
The Austin 10/20 offers free runner tracking for all participants. A link to sign up for runner tracking will be sent out in participant instructions approximately one month before the race.
The Start will be organized and tight, the finish line will be a party! After the elite athletes blaze to the finish tape and the rest follow up, our headliner act will hit the main stage. Runners and spectators will be rocking out to the headliner concert at approximately 10:45 AM.
The finish area will feature a spacious group reunion area and a huge Miller64 beer garden – Texas style! All participants are welcome here and spectators can partake too. With perfect views of the main stage and great refreshments to boot, it’s just the way to wrap up the Austin 10/20 day.
* You must be able to complete the ten mile distance in 3 hours.
* You must be at least twelve years old to participate.
* Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
* Race numbers are required to participate.
* You must show photo ID to pick up your race packet and bib number.
* You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of the ten mile distance.
* Traffic and safety regulations prohibit early starts. Early starters will be eliminated from the Official Results.
* No coaches, bikes, in-line skates, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
* iPods or other in-your-ear musical devises are strongly discouraged – you definitely won’t need them!
* Spectator safety is important to the Austin 10/20 and some areas of the course are not suitable for race viewing. Please check our final race information for best and safest viewing areas.
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Sorry, no exceptions. If you are registered and unable to participate, we will gladly mail your race technical shirt to you. Inform us of your cancellation by emailing email@example.com. Shirt requests must be made prior to the event.